Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5

Today was all about experimentation, depth of field and camera position. I also fooled around a bit with ISO but that was mostly with images that I am not posting.
I think this is our neighbor's ball, but its been up against our culvert for a while. This morning, its sheer pinkness stood out to me from the brown and gray surrounding it. Also, on January 5th, its really cold to lie down on the ground at 8 in the morning!

I like this depth of field experiment--I wish I moved Big Bertha at the top of the hill, it ruins the mood.

Same position--smaller target. Working on focal points, I wish I had something significant as my focal point, but you'll just have to take my word for it--it worked.




In non-Photo-a-Day news (for family that is obligated to follow along) Rowan started preschool today. I had hoped to make that my theme of the day for the photo blog, but this was the only shot she permitted. She was not feeling the love for the camera today and even when I showed her the goofy face in the viewfinder, she said, "its good enough for our family...they have to love me anyway." And that, as they say, is that!

2 comments: