Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 49--Sophie's Birthday!

Happy Birthday to our friend Sophie, who turned 6 last week and celebrated on Saturday with some of her friends!

But the weirdest thing happened, and I don't understand these photos, I don't understand what I did or why these came out the way I did, but they are still kind of cool and I am sort of hoping that someone looking will be able to explain it to me.
So, here's the first shot, relatively self-explanatory, I understand this...Kaylee was holding a tube of paper to her eye, I placed my lens very close to the end of the tube and snapped a shot when my shutter allowed me to. Fine.

But then, a mere count of 1 or 2 later, with my free hand covering the inch or two of space over the gap between the tube of paper and my lens...this is what I got. I think its part creepy and part cool but I don't understand why it looks like this. I changed nothing but the placement of my hand...which obviously given the placement would effect the light, but so drastically as to make her eye look like that? Weird!

1 comment:

  1. it is all about the light - your hand completely changed the light on the tube and her eye - but you did not change the camera settings to compensate for the change... that is my best guess

    ReplyDelete